817 S. Country Club Drive
Mesa, AZ 85210
The entry-level Kawasaki JET SKI®
900 STX® performs like a high-end personal watercraft and
boasts numerous features that put it ahead of the competition.
In fact, editors of Personal Watercraft Illustrated magazine
wrote in their "Midrange Three-Seater Shootout," for
2004 that the Kawasaki 900 STX is "perhaps the best all-arounder
of the bunch, which may not come as too much of a surprise since
the STX hull is used on the number of Kawasaki craft including
In addition to its powerful 891cc two-stroke engine, the JET
SKI 900 STX also features Kawasaki Smart Steering® (KSS®).
The Kawasaki Smart Steering system features a steering sensor
that is electronically linked to an on-board microprocessor.
If the handlebar is fully turned in either direction and the
engine rpm drops from a designated rpm, such as when the throttle
is released at speed, the microprocessor activates the KSS, which
raises engine rpm to provide enough thrust to initiate the desired
Kawasaki Smart Steering can assist riders in learning to negotiate
turns and to maneuver, making turning easier and smoother. Experienced
riders may not feel the system functioning since they realize
throttle application is required during turning.
Assisting with low-speed maneuvering is a reverse bucket that
is shaped to deliver plenty of thrust for superb direction control
when backing, and the bucket is injection molded, virtually eliminating
The JET SKI 900 STX includes a 16.4-gallon fuel tank and an easy-to-use
fresh water flush fitting. The fresh water flush fitting is adaptable
to a standard garden hose and allows operators to easily rinse
out the motor's cooling lines. It also allows the hood to remain
on the craft for less noise while flushing.
The hull of the 900 STX is made of fiberglass and gel-coated
for a deep, lustrous, scratch-resistant finish, and features
the molded-in Kawasaki Splash Deflector (KSD) to help minimize
water spray on the operator. The one-piece hull construction
increases durability while decreasing weight, and high-performance
sponsons help get the hull up on plane and provide more aggressive
"grip." The hull also features a deep keel and long
strakes located close to the center of the deep-V. These design
enhancements give the 900 STX better wave cushioning, excellent
cornering, increased top speed and greater stability.
The 900 STX watercraft provides a smooth and comfortable ride
for up to three people and features an open rear deck with ample
space for putting on skis. The stable design makes boarding in
deep water easier, while an optional accessory rear boarding
step is easily attached to the 900 STX to further simplify reboarding.
Also featured is 23 gallons of storage space and full digital
instrumentation, including fuel and oil level gauges, speedometer,
tachometer, trip meter, digital clock and time elapsed function.
There are adjustable rear-view mirrors, finger throttle control,
a handy glove box in front of the seat, a water-resistant canister
to help keep the tool kit dry and a magnetic ignition switch
provides an extra level of security.
- 891cc, two-stroke, three-cylinder
ovides strong low-end torque and acceleration for towing
- Kawasaki Smart Steering® monitors steering input and engine
speed and, when certain conditions are met, raises rpm to initiate
a desired turn
- Reverse bucket is redesigned to improve direction control when
backing, and is made of new injection molded material to prevent
- Large 16.4 capacity fuel tank allows more riding between fill-ups
- Fresh water flush fitting is adaptable to a garden hose and
allows operator to easily rinse out the motor's cooling lines
- Deep-V hull design provides excellent cornering and stability
and a smoother ride in rough water
- Deep keel facilitates better wave cushioning, excellent cornering
and greater stability at high speed
- Long inner strakes located closer to the center of the deep-V
for increased top speed
- Cab-forward design provides more space for passengers and the
open rear deck provides ample room for putting on skis or a wakeboard
- Attractive styling with a bold, sleek look
- Three-blade stainless steel impeller provides maximum efficiency
and incredible durability
- High-performance sponsons help the hull get up on plane and
provide more aggressive "grip" in turns
- Kawasaki Splash Deflector (KSD) helps keep spray off the operator
- Water-jacketed exhaust system reduces noise level and underhood
temperatures for better power
- Shielded jet propulsion system gives greater protection from
- LCD Multifunction Meter System with speedometer, tachometer,
hour meter, clock, trip distance, trip time, fuel level, and
oil level allows operator to easily monitor necessary information,
and warning lights also alert operator to low oil, low fuel or
high engine temperatures
- Storage compartments in bow, glove box and under seat can carry
fire extinguisher, tool kit, cooler and more
- Finger-type throttle reduces hand fatigue and increases comfort
- Magnetic keyed ignition switch helps deter unauthorized use
- Optional rear boarding step makes reboarding in deep water
Engine: Two-stroke, three-cylinder
Bore x stroke: 73.0 x 71.0mm
Compression ratio: 5.5:1
Cooling system: Inducted water
Carburetion: Triple Keihin CDCV 38 with single fuel pump
Lubrication: Superlube oil injection
Ignition: Digital DC-CDI
Coupling: Direct drive from engine
Propulsion system: Jet pump, axial-flow, single stage
Thrust: 732 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 16.4 gal.
Oil tank: 1.3 gal.
Overall length: 122.8 in.
Overall width: 46.5 in.
Overall height: 40.2 in.
Storage capacity: 23 gal.
Dry weight: 664 lbs.
Color: Candy Persimmon Red
* Price and specifications subject to change